Petroleum Exploration Licence (PEL)
For carrying out exploration in the Gujarat State, the applicant (PSC Signatory) has to submit an application addressed to the Principal Secretary, Energy & Petrochemicals Department Government of Gujarat in the prescribed format along-with all original challans for the grant of PEL.
The PEL application must contain following information:
- Map showing the area applied for PEL on the scale of 1: 50,000 along with the latitudes and longitudes of the corner points (as per PSC). The map should depict the District, Taluka and Village boundaries in respect of the area applied.
- Copy of Production Sharing Contract signed with the Government of India (Should be attached in the application marked to DoP only).
- The names of the villages along with the survey numbers falling in the area applied should be submitted in the document form.
- An application fees of Rs.1,00,000/- along with the first year license fees @ Rs.200/- per Sq.Km. Should be paid in advance in the prescribed Challan.
- Security deposit amounting to Rs 4,00,000/- should be paid in advance in the prescribed Challan.
- Three number of copies should be marked in the following order (1) Secretary MoPNG, Government of India, (2) The Director, Directorate of Petroleum (DoP), Government of Gujarat (3) The District Collectors, concerned districts.